New Student Registration (College of Pharmacy)
We welcome you at Karary University and we wish you a successful scientific life. Registration starts from Sunday 25 August 2019 and ends on Thursday 12 September 2019 and studies begin on 10 November 2019
First: Withdraw the registration forms from the registrar office at Pharmacy College
Second: Filling out the student’s data with the registration form and the attached forms
Third: Conducting medical examinations and examinations at the committee’s headquarters at Medicine College (first floor)
Fourth: Paying tuition fees at Omdurman National Bank (delegate of scientific affairs)
Note that the tuition fees are as follows:
i- The tuition fee (first installment) 35,000 pounds, and the tuition fees can be paid in full
II- The registration fee is 4000 pounds
Fifth: Photocopying the notice of payment of fees in four copies and delivered to each of:
I. Office of the Registrar (Pharmacy College )
II. Office of Information Systems (in the new building)
III. Card office (in the new building)
IV. Financial Management Office (Administration)
Sixth: Approval of the registration form and permission to supply from the Financial Department and Information Systems
Seventh: Pay the fees for the university uniform (Scientific Affairs Hall)
Eighth: Submit the registration form, the attached forms and a copy of the payment notice to the registrar office of Pharmacy College (before the time specified for registration expires)
Requirements when registering:
- A copy of the Sudanese certificate or equivalent
- Bring 4 recent photographs
- A copy of the national civil number
- The student must complete the registration procedures at the specified place and time and ensure that the registration forms are submitted to the registrar’s office before the date specified for the end of registration
- No student will be registered after the period specified above, and the student will lose the place allocated to him by the end of the working hours on Thursday 12 September 2019
- Registration takes place after completing all the above procedures and submitting the registration forms to the registrar office
- Withdrawing the registration forms and not completing the registration procedures does not mean saving your seat at the university
*Registration is completed after the approval of your data in the university's electronic registration system and submitting the registration forms to the college registrar.
1- Preparing a graduate who is saturated with knowledge in the pharmaceutical sciences and keeps abreast of the developments in the fields of modern pharmacy in order to contribute to the service of community health and the prosperity of the nation.
2. The university student is a trust in the hands of those in charge of higher education. It is imperative to deepen the spirit of belonging and love for his homeland, consolidate virtuous values and instill an awareness of his rights and duties.
3. Developing the capabilities of Collage members, training and qualifying them.
4. Serious endeavor to accredit the college and accredit its programs so that it occupies a distinguished position according to the global accreditation systems among its counterparts in Sudan.
5- Contribute to educating the community and developing its knowledge in the fields related to pharmacy
6. Transferring knowledge in the field of pharmaceutical sciences and its various applications in order to enhance the concept of society knowledge .
7. Scientific research is a basic mission of the college, so it must be taken care of and directed to serve the Sudanese community and humanity as a whole and provide the maximum possible requirements and needs
- Adopting internationally applicable quality controls, standards and systems in higher education in all inputs and outputs of the educational process in the college.
- Continuous academic reform based on revising the curricula to keep pace with the successive developments in the field of pharmaceutical and medical sciences.
- Introducing modern systems, means and technologies in the educational process.
- Training the student on the wide use of the traditional and electronic library and instilling the spirit of research and self-reliance instead of limiting it to the process of indoctrination in lectures.
- Serious endeavor to create an appropriate environment for academic achievement, and that begins with preparing the place such as classrooms, laboratories, equipment, chemicals, and others.
- Maximizing great benefits of development brought by the information and communication revolution.
- Taking care of the college’s workers and employees and communicating with them on the part of the college’s management.
- Adherence to the rules, regulations and laws governing the armed forces and the Karary University .
- Institutional methodology is the rule in all the different dealings and activities in the college, so it is necessary to lay down its rules and adhere to them.
- Establishing programs that help to add a graduate who has academic distinction and knowledge that keeps pace with developments in the field of pharmacy, by making a distinguished academic system, for example (periodic written and oral exams, seminars, research, scientific field trips, etc.).
- The use of the academic performance evaluation system and the curriculum.
- Establishing a self-assessment and accreditation unit in the college and spreading a culture of quality and accreditation among all college employees.
- Paying attention and great concern of student activities and nurturing and developing their creativity values.
College Plan for academic yaer2010-2020::
Each university has a general message represented in three main axes /pillars:
Teaching students in different majors.
- Serving the community in which the university is established.
- Performing the role assigned to it in scientific research.
- In all these axes, the university seeks through its various collages for social advancement in various cultural, economic, social, health and other fields.
If we considered the higher education generalities principles, it is based on four main pillars:
- Education for knowledge.
- Education for work.
- Educating a person to find a place for himself in the society in which he lives.
- Educating to live with and respect others.
From the inspiration of the university’s mission and the implications of the foundations and directives of higher education and the armed forces ’need for medical services, the need to establish Karary University, which includes (13 collages) in various disciplines and field of study, (Engineering, Business Administration, Technical, Private, Marine, Air and Health colleges Medicine - Pharmacy - Dentistry - Medical laboratories - Nursing Sciences - Intermediate Diplomas and Postgraduate Studies ).
As results of admission to higher education, there is a large and increasing demand for students to study pharmacy, especially in the last ten years, as the desires of many students have shifted from studying medicine and dentistry to studying pharmacy (perhaps this is due to greater saturation.
In addition to the increased job opportunity for pharmacy graduates in the private sector, and the relatively high wages compared to their colleagues in other medical professions. This increasing demand has forced the Higher Education Admission Committee to double the number of students admitted to Pharmacy Collage.
Accordingly, we find that it is imperative to plan and implement an integrated vision for the college that includes the following axes:
- The teaching staff.
- Laboratories, equipment, equipment and chemicals.
1- Infrastructure Axis:
Establishing a college of pharmacy at Karary University to occupy a distinguished position among the colleges of pharmacy in the country, where the location and location are a key factor in achieving that goal and creating the appropriate place that meets the needs of the college in terms of classrooms, laboratories, offices, libraries and other accessories to achieve these lofty objectives.
2- Curriculum focus:
A modern curriculum has been designed for the college that is flexible and accommodates developments and covers all fields in modern pharmaceutical sciences. It is also committed in its general guidelines to continue updating in a continuous manner to keep pace with the progress of knowledge and the needs of the Sudanese society and is concerned with practical training for students so that they are automatically absorbed in practical life.
3- Teaching Staff Axis:
The faculty is the basis of the educational process as it depends on good preparation and training for the professor while preserving the spirit of one team, which is the key to success and development in the college, and contacts will continue in the future to qualify all members of the teaching assistants
4- Student axis:
Students are the inputs and outputs of the educational process, so it is necessary to pay attention to them, listen to them, overcome the obstacles that encounter them, take care of their activities, care for and develop their creativity values, as well as deepen the spirit of belonging and love for the homeland and consolidate virtuous values in their souls, and this requires building a balanced relationship with them that preserves their respect for their teachers and enlightens them about their rights and duties.
5- Laboratories hub and its accessories:
The laboratories were established in the college with high quality, and a permanent committee will be formed from the four departments of the college to complete the deficiencies of devices and equipment and provide chemicals on an ongoing basis so that the practical lessons are not affected and the curriculum is implemented according to the prescribed period.
The B. Pharm. Program is run through 4 main departments:
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Department of Pharmaceutics
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry
1. Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry:
Pharmaceutical Chemistry is that branch of applied chemistry, which embraces organic, inorganic, physical, medicinal and analytical chemistry and the applications of these disciplines in the preparation, synthesis, and standardization, interpretation of drug actions, drug interactions and analysis of chemical substances for medicinal use. The objectives of the department of pharmaceutical chemistry are that at the end of five years of instructions, the students should be able to apply their knowledge of the fundamental concepts and principles in organic, inorganic, physical, medicinal and analytical chemistry to pharmaceuticals and to relate these concepts to drug usage in the practice of pharmacy. The courses in pharmaceutical Chemistry lay firm emphasis in the following areas:
- Organic chemistry and Stereochemistry
- Synthesis and isolation methods
- Drug discovery, drug design and drug actions.
- Biochemical pathways and Biotransformation of chemical compounds.
- Pharmaceutical analysis and Quality Control of pharmaceutical products.
The courses should enable students to write, describe and explain the properties, structure, chemical reactivity, structure activity relationships, synthesis, and use of biologically active compounds and to perform the assay of various pharmaceutical products.
2. Department of Pharmaceutics:
The department provides a broad based education background emphasizing the theoretical and practical disciplines essential for the dosage form design, evaluation and manufacture, and development of raw material for pharmaceutical applications. The area of pharmaceutical technology is involved in the study of the physicochemical properties of compounds and substances that are used in the development of pharmaceutical products in addition to the quality control of such substances and dosage forms according to the pharmacopeias and international laws. Moreover, the principles of quality assurance and administration are provided. This area of science is also involved in the study of drug delivery or targeting systems and the development of smart delivery systems that are highly efficient in their therapeutic effect with minimal side effects. The graduates are expected to competently perform their practice in the pharmaceutical industry.
3. Department of Pharmacology:
Pharmacology is defined as “that branch of medical science which relates to drugs, their preparation, uses and effects”. It is not just “what effect does this extract have?”, but “how does it do it, what is the active ingredient and how can we harness the therapeutic effect. Pharmacology is also concerned with the search for new drugs and how they can best be used in the treatment of diseases in both man and animals.
The courses provide a study program which aims to help students to acquire the basic knowledge and skills in pharmacology essential for the study of the mechanisms of action and use of drugs and links biochemistry, physiology and pathology with an understanding of disease at the molecular level.
4. Department of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry:
Pharmacognosy is the study of the physical, chemical, biochemical and biological properties of drugs, or potential drugs or drug substances of natural origin as well as the search for new drugs from natural sources. It is also defined as the study of crude drugs.